Terms and Conditions of Booking
1. Mountain Tracks is a trading name of Ski Club Winter Arrangements Ltd. Registered in England No 2099115. Registered office is at The White House, 57-63 Church Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 5SB
2. All contracts in respect of Mountain Tracks holidays are made with Ski Club Winter Arrangements Ltd.
3. It is a condition of booking that you must be a member of the Ski Club of Great Britain to book these holidays. If you are not a current member at the time of booking, you will be asked to join / renew prior to confirmation of booking.
Booking & payment
4. To book a place on a trip you must complete our online booking form and return this to Mountain Tracks with the required deposit or sums of money. The contract between you and Mountain Tracks will exist from the date on the Confirmation Invoice.
5. If the balance or full payment due is not received by Mountain Tracks by the date specified in the Confirmation Invoice, and unless a delay in your payment has been agreed by Mountain Tracks in writing, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and to retain your deposit. We also reserve the right to pursue you for the unpaid balance due.
Price changes after you have booked
6. Prices of trips may be altered after you have booked on account of government action, changes in exchange rates, transportation costs and dues, taxes or fees charged at ports or airports. If the additional costs, dues, taxes or fees amount to a change of more than 5% of the original trip price we will either refund you the difference or make an appropriate further charge.
Cancellation by you
7. If you wish to cancel your booking you must do so in writing. Notice of cancellation will only be effective from the day such notice is received by Mountain Tracks and the following charges will apply:
more than 60 days before departure loss of deposit
30 to 59 days before departure 50% of total cost
15 to 29 days before departure 80% of total cost
less than 15 days before departure 100% of total cost.
Cancellation by Mountain Tracks
8. We will not cancel a trip unless we are obliged to do so by ‘force majeure’ such as government intervention, political or civil unrest, flight cancellations or an act of God and other unforeseeable circumstances; or if the number of fully paid-up bookings needed to operate the trip has not been reached.
9. If we cancel your trip for one of these reasons you will receive a full refund of any money paid to Mountain Tracks minus any expenses which we have incurred on your behalf and which cannot be refunded.
10. If we cancel your trip we will not be liable for any expenses which you may have incurred as a result of your booking or in expectation of the trip taking place such as costs relating to visas, vaccinations, connecting air flights and any other expenses.
11. In booking with Mountain Tracks you accept that some trips take place in countries where we have little control over services provided and that these may vary in quality and the degree of comfort provided and may also differ from their description given by us in good faith in our brochures, leaflets and website.
12. It may be necessary for reasons beyond our control to alter advertised arrangements both before leaving the UK and once the trip has begun. The itineraries given for each trip must therefore be seen as an indication of what you will achieve and not as a contractual obligation on our part. No refunds will be given if changes for such reasons occur.
13. Our leaders, guides and representatives have the responsibility and authority to make decisions affecting the well-being and safety of the whole group and of each individual within the group; and that as a result they may require an individual to leave the group without any liability on our part for consequential supplementary expenses and without making any refund.
14. It is understood that if you decide voluntarily to leave the expedition Mountain Tracks has no responsibility for your safety or well being or for any consequential expenses.
15. If you have a complaint you should inform the trip leader or another Mountain Tracks representative as soon as possible so that they have an opportunity to take appropriate action on the spot. If after the trip is completed you feel that your complaint has not been properly dealt with you must notify us in writing within 30 days of its scheduled completion. We will then try to reach an agreement with you.
16. We accept liability for the negligence of our own employees or agents causing direct physical injury as required by English law and subject to the exclusions stated in clause 17.
17. We do not accept liability for any claim arising out of a mishap to yourself or your property which is a result of events beyond the reasonable control of Mountain Tracks, its staff or agents.
18. While we have made every effort to ensure the accuracy of our advertising material and information sheets we cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies.
19. We give advice and information on matters such as health, vaccinations, visas, currency, local conditions, climate, equipment, clothing and other matters in good faith and cannot be held responsible for such advice and information. You accept responsibility for all these matters and particularly for obtaining the necessary visas and advice from your own doctor on all health matters.
20. It is essential that you are adequately insured for the activities that you wish to do. Your insurance policy should specifically cover cancellations as well as any high risk activities that you wish to undertake
21. You agree to allow Mountain Tracks to use for publicity purposes without your permission and free of charge any photographic material containing your image taken on a Mountain Tracks trip or expedition in its possession.
22. The terms and conditions of this contract will only be waived or varied if such changes are agreed in writing in a letter signed on behalf of Mountain Tracks by one of the Directors of Ski Club Winter Arrangements Ltd.
23. The terms & conditions of all agreements made with Mountain Tracks shall be subject to and governed by English law and you shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
We hold an Air Travel Organisers Licence issued by the Civil Aviation Authority (ATOL No. 2911) Many of the flights and flight-inclusive holidays in this brochure are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed in this brochure. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our booking conditions for information, or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate
Your Financial Protection
When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
ABTOT PROTECTION - No.5064
The Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Limited (ABTOT) provides financial protection under the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 for Ski Club Winter Arrangements Limited and in the event of their insolvency, protection is provided for the following:
1. Non-flight packages commencing in and returning to the UK
2. Non-flight packages commencing and returning to a country other than the UK
3. Flight inclusive packages that commence outside of the UK, which are sold to customers outside of the UK
1, 2 and 3 provides for a refund in the event you have not yet travelled. 1 and 3 provides for repatriation. Please note that bookings made outside the UK are only protected by ABTOT when purchased directly with Ski Club Winter Arrangements Limited.
IFMGA / UIAGM / IVBV
The IFMGA / UIAGM / IVBV symbol is the logo of the International Federation of Mountain Guides Association.
Nick, Olly and Matt are all fully-qualified UIAGM Mountain Guides and members of the British Mountain Guides Association.
The International Ski Instructors Association is the world body for professional ski instructors.
The ISIA was formed in 1971 and there are currently 39 member nations representing the very best in ski instruction around the world.