Responsible Tourism Policy
At Mountain Tracks we recognize that travel and tourism has a significant impact on the environment and as tour operators we share a responsibility for developing programmes that minimize any adverse impact on the world’s diverse cultural and natural habitats whilst benefiting and empowering local communities.
We are conscious of our responsibility for ensuring the economic, social and environment aspects of our business actively support the global challenge of sustainable tourism and promote the interests of local communities.
Through our Responsible Tourism Policy we aim to develop quality products and services which:
- Maximize the positive and minimise the negative economic, environmental, and social impact of our trips
- Generate greater economic benefits for local communities by involving local people in our activities
- Provide our clients with a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues
- Use resources sustainably, reduce waste and avoid over-consumption
- Help create better places for people to live in and for people to visit
- Support the conservation of natural and cultural heritage